Tuesday 30 March 2010

So I've been producing portraits again, Finally.

As always with my blog, start from the bottom first for the order in which these are shown - I like it that way, and it just gives you something to do other than blandly sifting down a page!



The third of my portraiture pieces for this semester, this was done on loose canvas (around 4"x4") with a house paint base coat, ink subject and ink and charcoal surround. I do like this piece very much.



This crazy looking man is my friend Mike. I wanted to see what my house paint colours would do, so went a bit silly really with this one. It's still a decent representation of him, however in the end I seemed to be more focussed on colour than accuracy! Oh well. This is painted completely in house paints on an 8"x4" piece of loose canvas, this picture showing around 6"x3"6' of it.


The first of my portraiture pieces this semester, this is a painting of my friend Catherine. I had to alter her a little as her face is so soft I just couldn't entice any imperfections or features out of it! So it doesn't look like her completely, but then again, I love my artistic licence. This piece is done on an 8"x5" piece of loose canvas (around 6"x4" shown here) and is painted wholly in house paints.

No comments:

Post a Comment